Welcome to Peace Over Poverty

The world is a good place to anyone I know. Whenever I ask “How’s Life” (which I do a lot) usually I get back good, nice, and great! Sometimes if I ask a stressed adult I don’t get a very positive answer, but the best answer I ever got was “Great! I have a full tummy, a safe place to sleep and an education, life’s just… great!” That made me think, are there many people in this world who don’t have a full tummy, a safe place to sleep, or even an education? Then I realized that I haven’t seen the real world. Almost all my life I have lived in the same town, that’s all I know. What is the real world like? I have decided the best way to figure this out is to learn about and explore the real world and share my findings with anyone who will listen and read this blog.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pictures of Mexico

 This is what a lot of the shops looked like, with a lot of the merchandise shown outside and some had palm tree leaf roofs
 Another cool shop, but not as cool
 Most of the stuff was really colorful
 These blankets were very popular
 Pottery was really big too
 These backpacks were in a lot of the stores. I thought they looked really cool but didn't get one
 These bags were in EVERY SINGLE STORE! I almost got one of these bags too.
 I'm not sure if it was just because of the end of the world, but at least 3/4 of the stores we went to had at least one Mayan calender in it. I even saw Mayan calender earrings!
 Very colorful stuff
 A shop I went to that had cool stuff
 Jewelry is sold EVERYWHERE! Venders on the beach sell it, most stores, and silver is very huge.
 These dolls were in every store we went to! I eventually bought one because they were so cute!
 Tourism I a very large part of the economy. You can't go to Cabo without being offered to go whale watching,which is what we are doing above) snorkeling, or even riding horses!
 The arch is very famous. Most of the key chains and snow-globes they sold pictured the arch.
 Like I said before, tourism is huge. Lots of cruise ships go through Cabo.
These trinkets are very popular.

1 comment: