Welcome to Peace Over Poverty

The world is a good place to anyone I know. Whenever I ask “How’s Life” (which I do a lot) usually I get back good, nice, and great! Sometimes if I ask a stressed adult I don’t get a very positive answer, but the best answer I ever got was “Great! I have a full tummy, a safe place to sleep and an education, life’s just… great!” That made me think, are there many people in this world who don’t have a full tummy, a safe place to sleep, or even an education? Then I realized that I haven’t seen the real world. Almost all my life I have lived in the same town, that’s all I know. What is the real world like? I have decided the best way to figure this out is to learn about and explore the real world and share my findings with anyone who will listen and read this blog.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Caga Tio

In Spain from December 8th to Christmas Eve many people have a Caga Tio, or in English "Poop Log" out and displayed. I know what your thinking "Eww" but having Caga Tio is really a lot of fun! A Caga Tio is a log with a smiley face and a red hat. I made one, it's picture is up at the top! Sadly, I couldn't make the hat, but he still looks cute! You wouldn't believe what people do with this log. Every night from December 8th to Christmas Eve, the children put out food for the log, and lay a blanket on his back, but on Christmas Eve, something really weird happens. After eating dinner the parents hide presents that resembles stocking stuffer stuff. Then the parents give their children sticks and the kids sing-
Caga Tio avellanes I torrĂ³
Si no vols cagar
Et donamen un cop de pal
Which basically means-
Poop Log hazelnuts and turon
If you do not poo
we will hit you with a stick

 While they do this, who would have guessed it, they hit the log with a stick! When they finish the song they lift up the blanket and see what the Caga Tio "Pooped". Strange right? This world is and odd one, but when you think about it, we talk about a fat guy delivering presents made by elves on a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer. Maybe it isn't too weird that they hit a log to find gifts among its feces.

1 comment:

  1. This made me crack up!!! P.S. I like the Picture at the bottom, much more appropriate:):p

    ReplyDelete